The Fourth Pig Green & Natural Construction
Working Site Supervisor
Posting Date: February 6th, 2017
The Fourth Pig Green & Natural Construction fulfills contracts in sustainable building design, education and construction, natural building materials design and installation, and renewable energy installation. Fourth Pig provides consultation and training for clients in the green building and alternative energy sectors. Our mission is to foster ecologically balanced methods of construction and energy production in order to promote more sustainable and healthy communities.
Position: Working Site Supervisor
Employment type: Full-time available now
Wage: commensurate with experience
Location: Flexibility required, primarily northern GTA, Simcoe county
Start date: Potentially immediately, depending on availability of successful candidate
Reports to: Project/Site Manager
- Manage the day-to-day site operations for construction projects.
- Coordinate, manage and schedule sub trades and company labourers
- Finish carpentry, framing and other construction skills related to renovations, additions and new builds
- Report daily project progress to Project manager
- Other duties as required
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a construction site supervisor
- Have 10+ years construction site experience, with strong skills in framing, finish carpentry,and experience in renovations and additions, experience in natural building, and passive house an asset
- Comfortable reading and interpreting floor plans and blueprints
- Strong ability to manage budgets, schedules and subtrades
- Knowledge of the current Ontario Building Code as it applies to residential low-rise and light-commercial construction. Knowledge of Tarion Construction Standards is an asset.
- Strong verbal communication skills, additional languages an asset
- Highly organized
- Fall protection, WHMIS and first aid training. Additional related training an asset
- Own a full compliment of tools
- Posses a valid Class G driver’s license with insurance.
- Posses a reliable vehicle, (possession of a vehicle capable of moving large materials, such as lumber).
- Possess a personal computer in good working condition with internet access.
- Knowledge of common computer software
- Knowledge of and experience in green and natural building techniques and products an asset
- Experience and knowledge of Passive House techniques is an asset.
Physical ability requirements:
- Work an 8 hour day of physical labour
- Work inside and outside
- Ability to lift 50lb over a sustained period of time
- Ability to safely carry out a full slate of physical demands throughout a work day of construction such as climbing ladders and scaffold, reaching and lifting overhead, shoveling
The successful candidate is:
- Keenly interested in environmentally, natural, sustainable and energy efficient building techniques
- Committed to maintaining a safe and efficient job site and to ensuring the personal safety of yourself and your co-workers
- Interested in joining a hard working team that can be proud of their results
Workers in the Fourth Pig may be eligible to become worker-members after a period of work. The Fourth Pig encourages members of equity seeking groups to apply. We are an LGBTQ positive environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls. Please respond ASAP.