Here at the Fourth Pig we are proud to once again sponsor the Ride4RealFood in support of food security. Building sustainable communities means changing not only how we build shelters but how we produce (and distribute) food. The Ride4RealFood supports a fantastic food security program that:
- Directly provides healthy food to those in need
- Provides job training and workplace opportunities to low-income people
- Supports local Ontario farmers
- Supports a non-profit food co-op and the good jobs that go with it
- Builds a replicable/expandable model
Not only are we a sponsor, one of our members, Matthew Adams, is a rider. If you want to chip and support his ride, you can do that here. Learn more about this great project in the video below.