At the Fourth Pig we are exited to be renovating a barn and turning it into a brewery at GoodLot Farmstead Brewing. GoodLot makes hyperlocal beers, growing their ingredients on their organic farm or getting them locally.
This barn-to-brewery tour is part of #GEDO17 (Green Energy Doors Open) and the public is invited to see the farm and the brewery in progress. The barn features a 10KW solar array (with a 9KW one coming soon). No fossil fuels will be used to in production of the beer. The brewery will be highly energy efficient (no leaky barn here!).
Come out and meet Fourth Pig and GoodLot staff!
● Ontario’s (perhaps Canada’s) first 100% electric, solar powered brewery
● Organic hops and other ingredients grown on and around the farm (hyper-local, farm-raised beer)
● Reuse of an existing barn
● Board and batten siding kept to preserve imbedded carbon investment
● Super insulated walls and roof R40 walls and R80 attic
● Super air tight to meet passive house standards
● Generally low carbon construction
● Durable non toxic finishes on the interior
● Triple glazed wood aluminum clad passive house windows and doors
● Simplified heating and cooling system due to air tight super insulated construction
● Recycled and recyclable materials used wherever possible
● New shallow ICF foundation frost protected by perimeter insulation.
● On site well water for brewing and general use
● All LED lighting to be used
● Tasting room to be in reconditioned 100 year old post and peg beam barn beside brew barn, utilizing and exposing existing post and beam structure